The 2nd edition of Dhangadhi Premier League will have 2 overseas players mandatory for each franchise team for the tournament.
In an official ceremony done by the DPL organisers, the Marquee (Strategic) players for the Franchise teams were announced. Here’s the list:
1) Biratnagar Kings – Paras Khadka
2) CYC Attaria – Dipendra Singh Airee
3) Rupandehi Challengers – Shakti Gauchan
4) Team Chauraha Dhangadhi – Sompal Kami
5) Kathmandu Goldens – Gyanendra Malla
6) Mahendranagar United – Binod Bhandari
Each team will have a purse of Rs. 11 Lakhs to spend for a squad of 15 including marquee player, 2 overseas players and 12 domestic players. Marquee players are expected to get around Rs. 2 Lakhs each.
Domestic players will be picked up from 4 categories with fixed salary cap for each category:
Category A: Base Price Rs. 1 Lakh, Max 1.5 Lakhs
Category B: Base Price Rs. 50 Thousand, Max 1 Lakh
Category C: Base Price Rs. 25 Thousand, Max 75 Thousand
Category D: Base Price Rs. 20 Thousand, Max 40 Thousand